Home / Opinion / Letters to the Editor / LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Seek voices “out there”

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Seek voices “out there”

Dear BFC Team–

talbotThe Blackfriar Chronicle is a leading example of “learning by doing,” and in that spirit I want to offer feedback on the monthly project that is our school newspaper.  I’ve become a huge fan of the KiSH feedback protocol (say something Kind, something Specific, and something Helpful), and encourage you to use it too.

I love that you put so much care and concern into crafting each issue of the BFC.  As a former English teacher, I use that word “crafting” deliberately: there is an attention to process, details, and outcomes that is characteristic of the best practitioners of any type of work.  You take pride in the final product, and rightfully so.

I’ve noticed that the majority of BFC articles focus on the Malvern Prep community.

I wonder if there is an opportunity for you to identify stories about the wider community with whom Malvern Prep interacts.  What do our neighbors think of us?  How about the township?  If we wish to be truly inclusive, are there voices “out there” that might help us to see ourselves in new ways?

Keep up the great work!

Mr. T

— 

Christian M. Talbot

Head of School

About Editor

Check Also

Emergency Fashion Review: The Romphim

I’m not even kidding, this is urgent.

Our time at the NFL Draft

As Sports Editors, Henry Malone and myself were two of about twenty school journalists to receive a unique NFL draft experience, which included a backstage tour and interviewing NFL legends.